Hybrid or/and Electric Vehicles can be classified based on structure or by installed power.
By structure we have following:
- Parallel hybrid or ‘P’ configurations
- Series hybrid
- Series-paralel hybrid or power split
By installed power:
- Mild hybrid (typical on 48V, power ~15kW)
- Full hybrid (plugin hybrid) ~ 50kW
- BEV (electric vehicle) ~100kW
Mild hybrid cars have a 48V system made from an E-machine, typically belt driven, a DC/DC converter 48V to 12V and a 48V LiIon battery. The power of the E-machine is between 5kW to 15kW, the DC/DC converter between 1.5kW to 3.5kW and the energy of LiIon battery in the range 0.2kWh to 0.8kWh.
Continental BSG drive train. CoSource: arb.ca.gov